Comedian Dave Chappelle enters the stage during the Los Angeles Festival show

A man who police said was armed with a mock gun rushed onto stage and confronted comedian Dave Chappelle while performing at a comedy festival in Los Angeles late Tuesday.

The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed the attack early Wednesday, saying the man’s weapon could throw a knife blade “when you fire it correctly.” It is unclear whether the propeller attempted to use the weapon.

Several videos and accounts posted online showed the man climbing the front of the Hollywood Bowl and speeding toward Chappelle. At least one video showed the comedian falling to the ground, while several others rushed to catch the person.

Los Angeles police said the attacker, who was an attendee at the show, was arrested by the site’s security team and subsequently taken to hospital with “superficial wounds.” A video posted online of the alleged attacker featured the unidentified man on a stretcher with his elbow bent at an odd angle.

Police said neither Chappelle nor any officers were injured.

Buzzfeed reporter Brianna Sachs also Share a video It shows the man being loaded into an ambulance. Sacks said that before the attack, the comedian had spoken of increasing security around him in the wake of the widespread backlash to jokes he made about the transgender community. Some Netflix employees went on strike in the fall in Hollywood in protest of the company’s decision to move one of Chappelle’s comedy specials, “The Closer,” which they said included diabolical statements.

The motive behind Tuesday night’s attack is unclear.

Chappelle was performing on Tuesday night at the Hollywood Bowl Theater as part of Netflix Is a Joke: The Festival, which runs from April 28 to May 8. ROCK – A comedian who recently got violent on stage when he was slapped will smith At the Oscars in March.

Representatives for Dave Chappelle and Hollywood Powell could not be reached for comment.

The venue said on its website that the show would be a “phone-free experience” and that attendees would be asked to secure their phones inside specially designed bags. At least one person who posted a video of the incident said they “forgot” a second phone in their bag.